Spring is upon us and I don’t know about you, but this season makes me want to start some cleaning and clearing by starting fresh! Here are six quick fixes that can easily improve the quality of the time you spend in your laundry room.
- Create A Folding Station. Folding items directly from the dryer can save time and space and can of course help reduce those stubborn wrinkles. Give yourself some space by installing a table that is counter height. This not only is convenient, but can easily be hidden by draping it with a bright or bold fabric skirt. This will give your laundry space a nice pick-me-up and add depth to the space through color.
- Add Hooks for Hanging. Adding any type of hook for example, a coat hook, can serve as a nice hanging area for your newly dried clothes. This can also help you minimize wrinkling in your clothes as well as saves time.
- Make It Pop. Painting your laundry room walls with warm colors makes the room feel sunny and comfy. If you have lots of windows and light vibrant colors can make all the difference while creating a sense of fun. Since the laundry room is usually small and easy to repaint, this is the ultimate space to go ahead and try out your “happy colors”.
- Get Organized. Converting unwanted pieces of furniture into a laundry centerpiece helps keep everything organized for that hectic wash day. This can be used to store cleaning items, detergent, dryer sheets etc. even your ironing board if necessary. Lastly, don’t forget to make sure and maximize your storage space by putting bags and baskets at the lower part of the furniture.
- Double-Duty Shelving. Adding sufficient shelving puts your wall space to good use. The space above your washer and dryer is often unused to its full potential, and if you have little space you can have floating shelves installed that allow for storage and anything you’d like to display. Also, think about adding baskets to them and use the shelves for linens if your linen closet happens to not be big enough.
- Switch out your lighting. For a space like your laundry room choosing a bright fluorescent bulb in this case can be a great choice. The light will not only be bright, but will help you focus on the task at hand and help distinguish between the black and dark blue clothes!
The custom closet experts at Masterpiece Closets, can help by providing creative storage solutions to meet your needs while helping to improve the beauty and functionality of your laundry room. We build custom to your exact design specifications turning your laundry room into a wonderful personal space that you will enjoy for years. Contact us today!
Laundry Storage Solutions Orlando, FL | Laundry Room Make-Overs
Our team has been helping central Florida residents for decades and are ready to assist with a complimentary in-home consultation. We offer affordable and competitive pricing to all our competition. Our primary focus is customer satisfaction and making sure you are 100% satisfied when the installation is complete.
When you select Masterpiece Closets and Storage Solutions, you’re guaranteed to get an experienced team that can create the gorgeous and functional dream space you desire. Regardless, if you’re looking to create your dream walk-in closet, reach-in closet, laundry room, home office, or garage, the storage solution experts at Masterpiece Closets are here to help you. Contact Masterpiece Closets Today!
Many of our clients are located throughout the Orlando Area including Winter Park, Heathrow, Lake Nona, and Windermere. Please call 407-521-5890 to request a free consultation!